Focus on key fractions skills with these 6 lesson tutorials complete with video and worksheet(s).
Print the worksheet to complete (answers included) and access the video tutorial by clicking the link within the digital version.
Over 2 hours of teaching provided with 9 worksheets to practice skills such as simplifying, comparing and calculating with fractions.
These objectives are taken from the Year 6 National Curriculum and are accessible by children who have completed the relevant fraction objectives in Years 3 -5.
Year 6 National Curriculum objectives covered:
- use common factors to simplify fractions; use common multiples to express fractions in the same denomination
- compare and order fractions, including fractions > 1
- add and subtract fractions with different denominators and mixed numbers, using the concept of equivalent fractions
- multiply simple pairs of proper fractions, writing the answer in its simplest form
- divide proper fractions by whole numbers
- associate a fraction with division and calculate decimal fraction equivalents for a simple fraction
**This course is licensed for one family/household only. For school inquiries send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org**
For lessons on equivalences with decimals and percentages check out the Year 6 Fractions, Decimals and Percentages course.
For a course that covers all of the fraction skills needed to access Year 6 material, take a look at Fraction Foundations