All of the Calculations “Learning Objectives” from the Year 6 National Curriculum are covered in this course.
You will find video tutorials, which will guide your child through each skill, giving them time to pause the video, practice skills and learn everything they need to know to answer SATs questions at the end of the school year.
Every “Learning Objective” has it’s own video tutorial and a set of worksheets relevant to that skill. There is also a set of past SATs questions from previous years that show how each particular “Learning Objective” has been presented in the SATs previously.
Using this course, your child will ensure that they can learn every “Learning Objective” that has been set out by the Year 6 National Curriculum from an experienced Year 6 teacher and SATs marker. They will be able to learn skills using the appropriate methods and learn test tips too.
This course is designed so that your child can work completely independently. Simply download the course onto your chosen device and they are set to go! Click on the video icon in each worksheet to access the video tutorial. All they need is a laptop, tablet or phone to view the tutorial but you can also cast the videos to your smart TV if you wanted to view the tutorials on a larger screen. Print off the worksheets to work alongside the tutorial or alternatively, view the questions on your device and use paper to write down any answers.
- multiply multi-digit numbers up to 4 digits by a two-digit whole number using the formal written method of long multiplication
- divide numbers up to 4 digits by a two-digit whole number using the formal written method of long division, and interpret remainders as whole number remainders, fractions, or by rounding, as appropriate for the context
- divide numbers up to 4 digits by a two-digit number using the formal written method of short division where appropriate, interpreting remainders according to the context
- perform mental calculations, including with mixed operations and large numbers
- identify common factors, common multiples and prime numbers
- use their knowledge of the order of operations to carry out calculations involving the 4 operations
- solve addition and subtraction multi-step problems in contexts, deciding which operations and methods to use and why
- solve problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- use estimation to check answers to calculations and determine, in the context of a problem, an appropriate degree of accuracy
Other available Year 6 titles: