All of the Geometry “Learning Objectives” from the Year 6 National Curriculum are covered in this course.
You will find video tutorials, which will guide your child through each skill, giving them time to pause the video, practice skills and learn everything they need to know to answer SATs questions at the end of the school year.
Every “Learning Objective” has it’s own video tutorial and a set of worksheets relevant to that skill. There is also a set of past SATs questions from previous years that show how each particular “Learning Objective” has been presented in the SATs previously.
Using this course, your child will ensure that they can learn every “Learning Objective” that has been set out by the Year 6 National Curriculum from an experienced Year 6 teacher and SATs marker. They will be able to learn skills using the appropriate methods and learn test tips too.
This course is designed so that your child can work completely independently. Simply download the course onto your chosen device and they are set to go! Click on the video icon in each worksheet to access the video tutorial. All they need is a laptop, tablet or phone to view the tutorial but you can also cast the videos to your smart TV if you wanted to view the tutorials on a larger screen. Print off the worksheets to work alongside the tutorial or alternatively, view the questions on your device and use paper to write down any answers.
- draw 2-D shapes using given dimensions and angles
- recognise, describe and build simple 3-D shapes, including making nets
- compare and classify geometric shapes based on their properties and sizes and find unknown angles in any triangles, quadrilaterals, and regular polygons
- illustrate and name parts of circles, including radius, diameter and circumference and know that the diameter is twice the radius
- recognise angles where they meet at a point, are on a straight line, or are vertically opposite, and find missing angles
- describe positions on the full coordinate grid (all 4 quadrants)
- draw and translate simple shapes on the coordinate plane, and reflect them in the axes
Other courses include: